The Human Rights Press Awards recognise top rights-related reporting from Asia region and are organised by The Foreign Correspondents’ Club Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Journalists Association and Amnesty International Hong Kong.
The goal of the Awards is to increase respect for people’s basic rights and to focus attention on threats to those freedoms.
- Register an account.
- Start your entry (save it in-progress).
- Submit your entry to be in the running.
Works must be:
- In English or Chinese.
- Published or broadcast in the professional news media. We do accept works from freelancers. (We do not accept works from corporations or activist groups.)
- Published or broadcast during the past calendar year, January 1 to December 31, 2016.
- Reported from the Asia region, that includes Central Asia. Works from the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand will not be considered.
- Related to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (www.un.org/Overview/rights.html).
If you have any questions on the entry process, please contact the organisers by email to email@example.com.